Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eating Alone? Good or Bad??

Sorry to my avid blog readers, i talk as if there is lots of people reading :P So i stumble on this book "Alone in the kitchen with an Eggplant", its a compilation of essays talking about the emotional aspect of one cope with cooking alone away from families and friends. So its a must read!! interesting indeed. I wont go on blabbering on this book. But I would bring in my own experience in cooking by myself for myself. Its really different feeling from cooking for someone as u know someone would be able to praise u. Last summer I had to cook everyday for my 2 meals. Its like a routine for every meal, grabbing my chicken marinade it with soya sauce and osyter sauce, then i either deep fry or stew my chicken mix with some veges. How boring was it! After reading the book, i feel so inspired to cook all my trademark dishes- black sauce chicken, wine chicken, macoroni and cheese, marmite chicken woooo everyday for myself but too bad i have to cook for the whole flat. Its trully different feelings cooking for others and for yourself. Quote from the book: Cooking for oneself is like giving oneself a present which you would always like. hohoho I wonder if u guys started to learn how to cook yet :P Tell me stories hehe

1 comment:

sze said...

ish, din acknowledge me for lending you this book la!